Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Discussing ghosts and restrooms at 3 am :)

Disclaimer: This post is not going to raise your intellectual awareness or give you any new insights into life. Read it if you have really nothing better to do and if you think ghosts in your workplace restrooms is an interesting topic to discuss in the middle of the night.
Yesterday night was strange. I just finished a long discussion about my company and future competition in market etc etc in general with C until late in the night. (Well this is what happens when you live with someone who works at the same company you do :), you never really come home!)
So well I could have carried on my musings about that the whole night, but deciding not to try C any more, decided to wish him night and retire to my room. But well was not feeling sleepy so was just randomly surfing. And all of a sudden an office colleague Kaci logs onto messenger. Now I have known Kaci to be someone who is in office well before 9 and that too after nearly a 40 min commute. So I was visibly surprised to see her online at like nearly 2 am!
So I ping her questioning her motives to be online at such an unearthly hour and all that. It turns out that the culprit was the seemingly high amount of caffeine she had pumped in herself during the day. (For some reason, no amount of caffeine ever seems to affect my sleep, I wonder why?)
Anyways so there she was complaining about how she should have decaf next time onwards and the like. At some point she threatened me with retaliation for a practical joke I suggested I could happily play on her and to protect myself I said I would take refuge in a place she would never catch me in. So ya, you guessed it right the conversation moved to restrooms in office, and how unfair it would be of me to hide in such a place from her. It so happened that recently she was by herself in the restroom. And then when she confessed that she had heard someone singing in their, I tried hard to convince her that it was our company's homegrown version of Moaning Myrtle. For some reason she really liked the idea, so I went on and advised her to be careful of open pipes out there, who knows what might be in there. Anyways for a long time, the convo seemed to be really fun and entertaining for one at 3 am at night. (Talk about the time affecting your moods!) I wonder how it would feel though to really have a Moaning Myrtle in the restroom, and have some real magic in the world :)

1 comment:

Harshit Shah said...

"(For some reason, no amount of caffeine ever seems to affect my sleep, I wonder why?)"

Do you really think that there is anything in this world that can stop you from sleeping?

Kaise kaise post likhta hai...discussing ghosts and restrooms !