Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Some more reading

Am feeling happy that I am able to spend more time now reading, now that life is not so busy. No India trip to prepare for! What did I read last week? Hmm I read Michael Crichton's The Great Train Robbery. That was a very interesting book. It said that it is based on fact. Well after reading the book I was really curious about whether such a robbery took place. Searching led me to this website. So it turns out that it was true after all, though many aspects of the robbery have been changed and made much more fantastic. But all in all I would say a surprisingly smart robbery for the time.
Another book that I read was Agatha Christies Appointment with Death. A typical Christie mystery where the suspicions fall on every possible person, with conflicting clues. Though this one was a little bit predictable towards the end, an interesting read overall.
This weekend I spent in San Diego, nice city. This was my 3rd visit and I liked it more every time I went there. Will be uploading pictures soon. The best part is that the ocean is so easily accessible, and there are some really good beaches.

No comments: